eLearning Support for Teachers
New updates on elearning support
- 17 April 2020
FAQs about security and privacy of using Zoom for online teaching. (for participants/students) / 常見問題 – 有關使用Zoom 網上授課的保安及私隱 (供參與者/學生用) (new)
Demonstration on Panopto, Zoom and Moodle
Moodle and VeriGuide
- Key function : course material, assignment, quiz, discussion forum
CUSCS Moodle for HD/DFS
Moodle User Guide and Demo Video
- PCE (Part-time Programme and Short Course):
CUSCS Moodle for PCE (Part-time Programme and Short Course)
Moodle User Guide and Demo Video
Panopto Class Session Recording (via Moodle)
During the 1st semester, we have been using the Panopto service provided by CUHK. Please note that starting from 2nd semester, we are switching to use our own subscribed version of Panopto (CUSCS Panopto). Below are a few highlights on the changes:
- Teachers could only access the new CUSCS Panopto via Moodle (i.e. single sign-on via Moodle).
- The previous sets of username (e.g. SCS-A147) and URL (i.e. cuhk.ap.panopto.com) should NOT be used again.
- You don’t need to wait for ITS to send you the video links and put it on Moodle manually. Videos recorded will be AUTOMATICALLY listed on the Moodle Course Page. (If you want to record a video but only wish to publish it at a later time, please select ‘My Folder’ before you start the recording. The ‘My Folder’ is a private folder which is only accessible to you. For details, please refer to Part A Step 13 of the attached user guide).
- Trimming of videos could be done via Panopto’s Video Editor.
- Teachers could upload other video / audio files to Panopto and share with students.
The User Guide and Demo Video on Panopto recording are listed below. You can follow the steps to access Moodle and then record videos using Panopto Recorder at home. If you wish to come back to learning centres to use Panopto in classroom, please contact your Programme Administrators for reservation of classroom.
- Panopto User Guide for Full-time Programmes (HD/DFS)
- Panopto User Guide for PCE (Part-time Programme and Short Course)
- Demo Video from Panopto
Depends on the needs, you can perform online class by using Panopto webcasting or Zoom.
Panopto webcasting (via Moodle)
- Panopto User Guide for Full-time Programme (HD/DFS) -- Part H
- Panopto User Guide for PCE (Part-time Programme and Short Course) -- Part H
Apart from Panopto, we would also like to introduce another application ‘Zoom Meeting’ to you. Unlike Panopto, Zoom could provide more interactivities with students, e.g. students can speak through student’s devices, teachers pass the control to student for sharing student’s screen/voice (student presentation).
Teachers of PCE Programmes can use a free Zoom account that is registered by themselves. For details, please refer to Part B-sign up a Zoom free account of Zoom User Guide. For FREE Zoom account, there is a time limit of 40 minutes for each online session with students (more than 1 student).
- Zoom User Guide for Hosting a Meeting Room (updated: Apr 7, 2020)
- Zoom User Guide for Joining a Meeting Room
- Guideline and suggested actions in using Zoom securely (updated: Apr 7, 2020)
- Advanced Features in Zoom Meeting
- FAQs about security and privacy of using Zoom for online teaching. (for participants/students) / 常見問題 – 有關使用Zoom 網上授課的保安及私隱 (供參與者/學生用) (updated: Apr 17, 2020)
- Demo Video from CUHK
Comparison - Panopto Webcasting VS Zoom
For all FT/PT teachers(in Moodle).
For teachers of HD/DFS Programmes, using CUHK login for CUHK Zoom.For teachers of PCE Programmes, register own free Zoom account with class time limit of 40 min per session.
|Interactivities with students||Only Text-based discussion with students.||More interactivities with students, e.g. students can speak through student’s devices, teachers pass the control to student for sharing student’s screen/voice (student presentation).|
|Access path||Access through Moodle courses.||Access through Zoom account and create separate meeting link for students.|
|Class Recording||Record the class session automatically and share it through Moodle course for revision and students who have not attended the online class.|| |
Need to start and setup Panopto recording together with Zoom, some setup and steps required.
It is not recommended to use the CUHK Zoom Cloud to record the class recording as it is only used for CUHK programmes only.
Communicate with Students
- Class announcement with email notifications to students in Moodle
- Discussion forum in Moodle
- Instant chat in Moodle
You can find the related user guides in:
Before asking for the technical support, it is recommended that you can read the frequently asked questions and tips (FAQs and Tips) page (new) first.
- Moodle and VeriGuide:
Please send email to email@example.com
Please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send email to email@example.com
- Recording in Learning Centres:
If you need assistance while recording by using Panopto or Zoom in our learning centres, you may call the ITS support hotline during office hours as below:
Mon - Fri: 9am - 1pm, 2pm - 6pm
Sat - Sun: No onsite support services.
OC/EOC hotline: 61125791
BAT hotline: 61125792
TKO hotline: 61125793