Upon completion of DCC Programme, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate effective language skills for employment and further study;
- Enhance generic skills in interpersonal communication and digital competence;
- Apply professional knowledge and concepts in community care and nursing fundamentals;
- Identify their potentials, interests and strengths as well as develop capacity for future career and personal development.
The DCC Programme comprises 11 courses and a block of practicum at care and attention homes with a total of 36 units. Students shall normally complete the programme in one year on a full-time basis.
- English Communication: Listening & Speaking
- English Communication: Reading & Writing
- Practical Chinese Writing
Communication & Application
- Information Technology Applications
- Interpersonal Communication Skills
- Career and Personal Planning
- Introduction to Residential Care Services for the Elderly
- Essentials of Anatomy and Physiology for Nursing Practice
- Fundamentals in First Aid and Nutritional Care
- Fundamentals in Nursing Care
- Community Care and Wellbeing for the Elderly
- 40 hours conducted at care and attention homes
Medium of Instruction
English and Chinese
Assessment and Award
Performance of students is monitored and assessed on a continuous basis through assessment tools such as exercises, assignments, projects, presentations, class participation, tests, and examinations.
To qualify for the award of Diploma in Community Care, students must:
- have an attendance rate of 70% or above for each course; and
- pass the assessments of each course; and
- attain a cumulative GPA of at least 1.50
- Upon successful completion of the DCC Programme, students could pursue a career in the field of health care.
- Graduates will also be eligible to progress to the Higher Diploma Programmes offered by CUSCS. Articulation Scholarship is awarded to full-time Diploma graduates who commence the Programme in AY2023-24 and successfully complete it in one academic year with outstanding academic performance. They will be eligible for the Scholarship at the amount of HK$5,000 for progressing to the CUSCS Higher Diploma Programmes.
The DCC Programme is approved by the Social Welfare Department as a ‘Training Course for Health Worker in Residential Care Homes for the Elderly’. Graduates upon attaining the following requirements are eligible for registration as Health Worker with the Department.
- With completion of Form Five of secondary education or equivalent qualifications;
- Have successfully completed DCC Programme;
- Have an attendance rate of 90% or above for the specialized courses of community care;
- Have an attendance rate of 100% for site visit and practicum; and
- Obtain 60% or above of the total scores in test/ exam/ skill assessment of the specialized courses of community care.
Telephone: 3943 9057 / 3943 9015 / 3943 9138Fax: 2770 8275E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org