Upon completion of DFS programme, students will be able to:
- demonstrate a solid foundation of language skills required for pursuing Higher Diploma programmes offered by CUSCS;
- apply appropriate skills in handling interpersonal communication and relationships;
- apply appropriate information technology skills to their studies;
- identify their potentials, interests and strengths; and
- demonstrate a basic understanding of a range of academic disciplines at the pre-college level.
The DFS Programme comprises 10 courses with a total of 30 units and 450 contact hours. Students shall normally complete the programme in one year on a full-time basis.
Medium of Instruction
English and Chinese
Assessment and Award
Performance of students is monitored and assessed on a continuous basis through assessment tools such as exercises, assignments, projects, presentations, class participation, tests, and examinations.
To qualify for the award of Diploma in Foundation Studies, students must:
- have an attendance rate of 70% or above for each course; and
- pass the assessments of each course; and
- attain a cumulative GPA of at least 1.50
Upon successful completion of the Diploma Programme in Foundation Studies, students will be eligible to progress to the Higher Diploma Programmes offered by CUSCS. Articulation Scholarship is awarded to full-time Diploma graduates who commence the Programme in AY2023-24 and successfully complete it in one academic year with outstanding academic performance. They will be eligible for the Scholarship at the amount of HK$5,000 for progressing to the CUSCS Higher Diploma Programmes.
Telephone: 3943 9057 / 3943 9015Fax: 2770 8275E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org