The Bachelor of Human Nutrition degree is awarded by La Trobe University which has equal status to that awarded in Australia.
Internationally Recognised University
- Running over 20 years of Human Nutrition programme with a strong focus in human biosciences and public health
- Ranked among the top 100 universities in the world under the age of 50*
- Ranked in the top 20 in the “Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA)” **
* QS World University Rankings 2015
** The Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA) Rankings by the Australian Research Council
- Students may apply to become student members of the Nutrition Society of Australia while studying
- Graduates may apply to the Nutrition Society of Australia to become an Associate Nutritionist
Best Programme Design
- Can be completed in 12 months, full-time mode
- Same professors and courses in Hong Kong as in Australia
- All in English: lectures and tutorials, and student assessments for both written and oral
- The programme prepares the students for entry courses in dietetics and other allied health areas. Students who have successfully completed the programme may apply for Master of Dietetic Practice (2-year full-time) offered by La Trobe University in Australia. Please click here for more details.
Hong Kong Student-Focused
- Each course includes extensive workshops and personal support by local CUSCS tutors
- Students can access libraries in The Chinese University of Hong Kong and online resources of La Trobe University
The Programme (全日制學位銜接課程 - 人類營養學學士)
The degree is awarded by La Trobe University. It will have equal status to those awarded by the University to resident graduates.
This programme provides you with a thorough understanding of human nutrition and equips you with the knowledge, skills, and capabilities for career in nutrition and public health, health promotion, government policy areas, food industry and other areas of nutrition and biosciences.
You should have successfully completed a Higher Diploma, or an equivalent in Human Nutrition or related discipline from a recognised education provider, and are required to complete the following 8 courses.
|Nutrition and Disease|
|Food and Societies|
|Advances in Nutritional Science and Nutrigenomics|
|Food Science and Food Skills|
|Epidemiology and Research Methods|
All lectures, tutorials and practical are taught by the academic staff of La Trobe University with support of CUSCS tutors.
Academic Staff of La Trobe University
Professor Catherine Itsiopoulos
Dr Monna Ayad
Dr Regina Belski
Dr Adrienne Forsyth
Dr Jessica Radcliffe
Dr Sue Shepherd
Dr Audrey Tierney
Ms Vicki Barrington
Ms Andrea Bramley
Ms Sharon Croxford
Ms Elena George
Mrs Rachelle Opie
Ms Emma Stirling
Mr Tim Stewart
You should have completed a Higher Diploma Programme in Human Nutrition or related discipline and meet La Trobe University's specified English language requirements:
- IELTS 6.5 (no sub-score of less than 6.0); or equivalent qualification to be assessed by La Trobe University
- Interview may be required, if necessary
A) Download application form and submit to one of the CUSCS Enrolment Centres in person or by mail to CUSCS Tsim Sha Tsui Oriental Enrolment Centre with the following:
- A non-refundable application fee of HK$200 by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to "The Chinese University of Hong Kong";
- A copy of HKID Card or relevant identification document
- A copy of transcripts showing all the courses taken and the results for your Diploma / Advanced Diploma / Higher Diploma / Associate Degree programmes
- A copy of graduation certificate (if any)
- Proof of English Language proficiency, e.g. IELTS report or equivalent (if any)
B) Submit application online. Applicants should still submit supporting documents (items 2 to 5 listed above) to one of the CUSCS Enrolment Centres in person or by mail to CUSCS Tsim Sha Tsui Oriental Learning Centre & Enrolment Centre.
Tsim Sha Tsui Oriental Enrolment Centre: 13/F, Oriental Centre 67 Chatham Road South Tsim Sha Tsui
(Please specify "Full-time Top-up Undergraduate Degree Programme" and the programme name "Bachelor of Human Nutrition" on the envelope)
* Paid deposit and tuition fees are non-refundable, with the exception of unsuccessful application or programme cancellation
CUSCS Entrance Scholarships
Entrance Scholarships will be awarded by CUSCS (applicable to CUSCS Higher Diploma graduates only).
Hong Kong Government Loans
Eligible students can apply for financial assistance through the HK Government's Extended Non-means Tested Loan Scheme(ENLS). For details, please refer to the website of the Student Finance Office (SFO) at www.wfsfaa.gov.hk/sfo.
MTR Student Travel Scheme
Students can apply for MTR Student Travel Scheme.
Current students – cooking practical at CUHK demonstration kitchen
Students cook and serve a full course meal in the practical class
~This programme will not be offered in 2019-20~
Medium of Instruction