The degree is awarded by Griffith University. Hong Kong graduates will have an equal status as resident graduates.
A Quality Australian University with International Recognition
- Ranked in the top 2% of universities worldwide, according to a range of professional indices.
- Ranked No. 1 in Australia and No. 11 globally in Hospitality & Leisure Management.*
- Ranked in the top 200 in Business and Management Studies.*
- Ranked in the top 100 in Social Policy & Administration.*
- Griffith Business School is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) International.
- Accredited with the International Centre of Excellence in Tourism and Hospitality Education (THE-ICE).
- Same professors and matching courses in Hong Kong as in Australia.
- Ranked no. 329 in the 2018 QS World university Rankings.
*QS World University Subject Rankings 2018
Accredited by Hong Kong Council for Accreditation of Academic and Vocational Qualifications (HKCAAVQ) as locally accredited top-up degree programme to reach HKQF Level 5, which is equivalent to the standing of bachelor's degrees offered by local universities in Hong Kong.
With the programme's accreditation status, students are eligible for:
- Government Grants and Loans
- Government Scholarship
- Civil Service Employment - Formally recognised by the Government for employment purposes within the Civil Service including the attainment of Qualifications Register at QF Level 5 for graduate posts
Best Programme Design
- Completed in 12 months over 3 trimesters of full-time study.
- English as a medium of instruction. Personalised English support for students.
- Fully taught by Giffith lecturers, typically the same lecturers who teach the program in Australia.
- Highly-qualified Hong Kong-based tutors deliver the program in partnership with Giffith University.
- Testamur awarded by Giffith University for onshore and offshore studies.
- The unique Two-way Exchange Programme increases students' international exposure.
- Overseas Exchange Opportunity
Qualified students have the opportunity to study at Griffith's campuses in Australia for one semester.
- Inbound Exchange and Buddy Programme
Qualified Griffith students in Australia travel to Hong Kong and study with Griffith students in Hong Kong for a course. Hong Kong students who join the Griffith Buddy Programme will provide support to the Australian students during their stay.
- Overseas Exchange Opportunity
- Industry Mentoring Programme to broaden students social and personal perspectives, provide career advice and build up networks. Experienced professionals and senior executives from industries are invited to become mentors.
- Student learning activities to enrich students' campus life and to enhance employability skills.
|Hear what our students say|
|About the exchange programme
- the study at GU
|About the exchange programme
- outside the classroom
|Griffith University Inbound Exchange Programme 2016
Hong Kong Student-Focused
- Director of the Griffith Business School Hong Kong Programme provides support to students
- Each course includes extensive workshops and personal support by local CUSCS tutors
- Students can access libraries in The Chinese University of Hong Kong and online resources of Griffith University
The Programme (全日制學位銜接課程 - 國際旅遊及酒店管理學士)
The degree is awarded by Griffith University. It will have equal status to those awarded by the University to resident graduates.
Set yourself up for a career in a growth industry as demand for professional staff in international tourism organisations continues to build. Gain specialist industry knowledge combined with professional leadership and business leadership and business management skills. Be prepared for a successful career in a range of international tourism and hotel management roles, including:
- in hotels and resort groups
- in the accommodation sector
- in retail travel and travel marketing
- in independent restaurants and internationally recognised chains
- with entertainment and leisure providers such as theme parks
- with suppliers of goods and services to the hospitality industry
- in airlines and on cruise chips
- and with local, state and federal tourism and regional planning authorities.
Learn from world-class academics about contemporary issues in the tourism and hotel industry, and how to find practical solutions to manage international tourism and hotel organisations.
Students are required to complete 12 courses within 12 months of full-time study. Depending on your previous studies and subject to the approval of Griffith University, a maxmium of 4 courses may be exempted.
Continuing Education Fund Reimbursable Courses
Courses title and content are subject to change.
Bachelor of International Tourism and Hotel Management is accredited with the International Centre of Excellence in Tourism and Hospitality Education (THE-ICE).
All lectures are taught by the academic staff of Griffith University with tutorials conducted by CUSCS tutors.
Academic staff of Griffith University*
Professor Graham Cuskelly
Associate Professor Alexandra Coghlan
Associate Professor Anoop Patiar
Associate Professor Michelle Whitford
Dr. Anna Kralj
Dr. Anna Kwek
Dr. Catherine Khoo-Lattimore
Dr. Marlene Pratt
Ms. Margarida Abreu Novais
*Subject to change
|Hear what our students say|
|Key feature of the programme
||The programme prepares me for the Workplace
You should have completed either an Associate Degree or a Higher Diploma Programme in a related discipline and meet Griffith University's specified English language requirements:
- IELTS 6.5 (no sub-score of less than 6.0); or
- English as a medium of instruction at an appropriate level and duration from institutions approved by Griffith, or equivalent
- Other equivalent academic and/or English qualifications will be assessed by Griffith University on a case-by-case basis
Griffith University offers pathway options for students who need to improve their eligibility. Griffith University and CUSCS can work with students to assist them find a pathway that meets their needs. Please note that applicants who have not previously studied business management may be required to complete bridging course(s) before the start of the program.
The bridging courses include Accounting, Business Law, Marketing, Management, and Statistics.
A) Download application form and submit to one of the CUSCS Enrolment Centres in person or by mail to CUSCS Central Enrolment Centre with the following:
- A non-refundable application fee of HK$200 by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to "The Chinese University of Hong Kong"
- A copy of HKID Card or relevant identification document
- A copy of transcripts showing all the courses taken and the results for your Diploma / Advanced Diploma / Higher Diploma / Associate Degree programmes
- A copy of graduation certificate (if any)
- A copy of IELTS report or Medium of Instruction letter issued by the Principal / Registrar of your institution(s) for your previous two years of study
B) Submit application online. Applicants should still submit supporting documents (items 2 to 5 listed above) to one of the CUSCS Enrolment Centres in person or by mail to CUSCS Central Enrolment Centre.
CUSCS Central Enrolment Centre: Unit A, 1/F, Bank of America Tower, 12 Harcourt Road, Central
(Please specify "Full-time Top-up Undergraduate Degree Programme" and the programme name "Bachelor of International Tourism and Hotel Management" on the envelope)
* Paid deposit and tuition fees are non-refundable, with the exception of unsuccessful application or programme cancellation
Griffith Entrance Scholarships
Griffith Entrance Scholarships will be awarded based on academic merit and personal statements.
Please click here for details of the Scholarship.
CUSCS Entrance Scholarships
Entrance Scholarships will be awarded by CUSCS (applicable to CUSCS Higher Diploma graduates only).
Hong Kong Government Scholarships
Eligible students can apply for the Self-financing Post-secondary Scholarship under the Self-financing Post-secondary Education Fund.
Hong Kong Government Grants and Loans
Eligible students can apply for Government grant and low interest loan under the Financial Assistance Scheme for Post-secondary Students (FASP) and the Non-means-tested Loan Scheme for Post-secondary Students (NLSPS). For details, please refer to the website of the Student Finance Office (SFO) at www.wfsfaa.gov.hk/sfo.
Continuing Education Fund (CEF)
Eligible applicants who successfully complete CEF reimbursable courses and pass the required assessments will be reimbursed 80% of the course fees, capped at HK$10,000. For details, please refer to the website of the Continuing Education Fund (CEF) at www.wfsfaa.gov.hk/cef.
MTR Student Travel Scheme
Students can apply for MTR Student Travel Scheme.
Graduate, Bachelor of Business (Hotel Management), 2009-10
Food and Beverage Management Trainee Programme, Mandarin Oriental Hong Kong, 2011-13
Headwaiter - Pierre, Mandarin Oriental Hong Kong (current)
“This programme not only provided me with thorough knowledge of hotel management, but also guided me to the right career path to achieve my personal goal. I really enjoyed great learning experience provided by both Griffith and local teaching teams with a wide spectrum of hospitality / tourism expertise, which enabled me to apply acquired knowledge in my job.”
Graduate, Bachelor of Business (Hotel Management), 2013-14
"The reason I chose to study with Griffith University was the reputation and the balanced programme features. The subject disciline of tourism and shopitality of Griffith has consistently been placed in the top ranking globally. The intensive study allowed me to obtain my bachelor's degree in a year. During my studies, I joined the exchange programme and completed my last semester of studies at the Gold Coast campus. I was then quickly employed by a hotel in Australia upon my graduation. The overseas work experience was invaluable and has helped me a lot in my career."
Leung Ngai Ning
Graduate, Bachelor of Business (Hotel Management), 2014-15
“The five-month Griffith University Exchange Program in Brisbane, Australia gave me an opportunity to develop my academic knowledge. It also broadened my mind and enabled me to gain a global perspective.”
Graduate, Bachelor of International Tourism and Hotel Management, 2016-17
"My mentor was a senior executive of a top branded hotel and a professional expert in the hotel industry. I learned from him a lot of useful advice, the trends and requirements of the industry. I was grateful for this opportunity so that I could connect with the industry people and start off my career in this exciting field upon graduation."
Medium of Instruction