The degree will be awarded by Flinders University. Hong Kong graduates will have an equal status as resident graduates.
A Quality Australian University with International Recognition
Flinders University enjoys a well-justified reputation for its excellence in teaching and research. It has a long-standing commitment to enhancing educational opportunities for all and a proud record of community engagement.
- Flinders University and its partner CDW Studios Adelaide ranked the No.1 Digital Illustration School in 2017 and 2018*
- The 2018 International Student Barometer saw Flinders rated top 5 university in Australia for student support, reinforcing our exceptional support for international students.
- A leader in film and related media in South Australia, producing filmmakers such as Scott Hicks, director of the Oscar-winning film "Shine" and internationally acclaimed feature film producer Mario Andreacchio
- Ranked in the top 400 universities in the world**
- Ranked in the top 100 universities in the world under the age of 50 ***
* The Rookies
**Academic Ranking of the World Universities in 2015
***2015 Times Higher Education Rankings
Flinders staff members have received a number of national awards for teaching excellence, including the "Prime Minister’s Award for University Teacher" and the Australian Government’s Office for Learning and Teaching “Awards for Teaching Excellence", and 2016 National University Teacher of the Year.
Students enjoy inspiring interactions with Australian professors
Accredited by Hong Kong Council for Accreditation of Academic and Vocational Qualifications (HKCAAVQ) as locally accredited top-up degree programme to reach HKQF Level 5, which is equivalent to the standing of bachelor's degrees offered by local universities in Hong Kong
With the programme's accreditation status, students are eligible for:
- Government Grants and Loans
- Government Scholarship
- Civil Service Employment - Formally recognised by the Government for employment purposes within the Civil Service including the attainment of Qualifications Register at QF Level 5 for graduate posts
Best Programme Design
- Completed within 12 months, full-time mode
- Same professors and courses in Hong Kong as in Australia
- All in English: lectures and workshops, and student assessments for both written and oral
Hong Kong Student-Focused
- Each course includes extensive workshops and personal support by local CUSCS tutors
- Students can access libraries in The Chinese University of Hong Kong and online resources of Flinders University
The Programme (全日制學位銜接課程 - 數碼媒體學士)
The degree is awarded by Flinders University. It will have equal status to those awarded by the Flinders University to on-shore graduates.
The programme aims to explore the connections between technology and the creative arts and the ways in which digital media is used in society and the workplace. You will gain essential professional skills in digital media production, including the operation of software and hardware, as well as the ability to plan, develop and complete a digital media product, including scripting, production and post-production stages. You will also develop an understanding of screen and digital media through their historical developments, social and cultural applications, and the function of formal and aesthetic properties in various forms.
Screen production exercise
You should have completed an Associate Degree or a Higher Diploma in relevant fields, and are required to complete 8 courses. Depending on the students' previous studies and subject to the consideration and discretion of the University, students may be required to study 1 to 2 bridging courses for articulation into this degree programme.
|History of Film Style
Understanding and developing of film styles
|Introduction to Screenwriting
Writing of screenplays for short film
|Screen Production Techniques 5
Short drama production
|Multimedia Production Part 1
Advanced multimedia design
|3D Media Studio B
Fundamentals of 3D animation
|3D Media Studio C
Advanced concepts of 3D design
Exploration of interactive media and games
|Screen Production Techniques
Screen production project
Continuing Education Fund Reimbursable Courses
Courses title and content are subject to change
All course contents conform to the requirements and standards set by Flinders University.
Lectures and tutorials are taught by academic staff appointed or approved by Flinders University.
Applicants should have completed either an Associate Degree or a Higher Diploma in a related discipline (or equivalent), and
- with AD/HD CGPA 2.3 (out of 4 scale) or above; OR
- with IELTS 6.0; OR
- other evidences of English language proficiency accepted by Flinders.
A) Download application form and submit to one of the CUSCS Enrolment Centres in person or by mail to CUSCS Tseung Kwan O Enrolment Centre with the following:
- A non-refundable application fee of HK$200 by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to "The Chinese University of Hong Kong"
- A copy of HKID Card or relevant identification document
- A copy of transcripts showing all the courses taken and the results for your Diploma / Advanced Diploma / Higher Diploma / Associate Degree programmes
- A copy of graduation certificate (if any)
- A copy of IELTS report
- A portfolio CD / DVD includes video, interactive media, motion graphics and animation.
B) Submit application online. Applicants should still submit supporting documents (items 2 to 5 listed above) to one of the CUSCS Enrolment Centres in person or by mail to CUSCS Head Office.
CUSCS Tseung Kwan O Enrolment Centre: School of Continuing and Professional Studies, CUHK Tsui Lam Estate, Tseung Kwan O Hong Kong
(Please specify "Full-time Top-up Undergraduate Degree Programme" and the programme name "Bachelor of Creative Arts (Digital Media)" on the envelope)
* Paid deposit and tuition fees are non-refundable, with the exception of unsuccessful application or programme cancellation
Entrance Scholarship will be awarded student with the highest GPA on admission.
Digital Media Prize will be awarded to the best performing student on completion of the programme.
CUSCS Entrance Scholarship
Entrance Scholarship will be awarded by CUSCS (applicable to CUSCS Higher Diploma graduates only).
Hong Kong Government Scholarships
Eligible students can apply for the Self-financing Post-secondary Scholarship under the Self-financing Post-secondary Education Fund.
Hong Kong Government Grants and Loans
Eligible students can apply for Government grant and low interest loan under the Financial Assistance Scheme for Post-secondary Students (FASP) and the Non-means-tested Loan Scheme for Post-secondary Students (NLSPS). For details, please refer to the website of the Student Finance Office (SFO) at www.wfsfaa.gov.hk/sfo.
Continuing Education Fund (CEF)
Eligible applicants who successfully complete CEF reimbursable courses and pass the required assessments will be reimbursed 80% of the course fees, capped at HK$ 10,000. For details, please refer to the website of the Continuing Education Fund (CEF) at www.wfsfaa.gov.hk/cef.
MTR Student Travel Scheme
Students can apply for MTR Student Travel Scheme.
Recipient of Flinders Digital Media Prize 2018
"The programme struck a nice balance between theoretical and practical knowledge. Lecturers provided in-depth knowledge in different aspect of Digital Media, and we got to practice them right after the lecture. The fast and vibrant atmosphere sparked a lot of creativity between my team mates. We had a lot of beautiful moments together in Flinders."
Recipient of CUSCS Entrance Scholarship for Top-up Degree Programme and the HKSAR Government Self-financing Post-secondary Scholarship – Outstanding Performance Scholarship
"I had worked as a Graphic designer for a few years after graduating from Higher Diploma Programme of CUSCS. I came back to study the Bachelor of Creative Arts (Digital Media) offered by Flinders University with an aim to gain more knowledge, sharpen my skill, and to broaden my horizons and imagination. During my study at Flinders, I joined the Industrial Mentorship Programme, through which I could connect with experts in the creative industries to learn more about the industry development in Hong Kong. In addition, I had an internship opportunity and joined a company to delve into AR and VR skills which was a new world that I had never experienced before. All of these are wonderful experiences that I never expected when I decided to study this programme."
Recipient of Flinders Digital Media Prize 2017
"This programme provided me with a great opportunity in enhancing my knowledge so that I'm well equipped to work in the creative industries. The lecturers and tutors shared their knowledge and experience without hesitation, and always provided me with valuable advice and support. I enjoyed working with my groupmates, they were extremely great. We shared many amazing moments within and outside the class."
~This programme will not be offered in 2019-20~
Medium of Instruction