Regulations of Computing Facilities
All users of computing facilities and services are required to observe CUSCS code of practices (adopted from CUHK ITSC). Users are required to follow the school policy set forth below:
(a)Webmail Service http://webmail.scs.cuhk.edu.hk
- SCS offers webmail service for HD full time students. Please note that each student account has a max. 15MB provided. E-mail forwarding function should be set to one's personal e-mail in the case of large capacity utilization to avoid locking up your webmail service.
- User guide reference: http://www.scs.cuhk.edu.hk/cuscs/en/students-pt-computer.php
- The guide shows the operations of forgotten password, personalizing webmail accounts and making auto-forward of all e-mail to the personal e-mail box.
(b) Student's 24x7 On-demand services http://www.scs.cuhk.edu.hk/hd
- Using Student Management System (for updating your personal records, checking class schedule & venue, grade report & so on )
- Trading your 2nd hand books via CUSCS on-line platform.
- Course Management Systems for enhancing Teaching/Learning, homework submission, group project, class discussion forum and so on (depending on instructor needs)
If you forgot the student login password, please go to http://www.scs.cuhk.edu.hk/scs/students/lost_pwd_form to reset your password.
REGULATIONS FOR STRICTLY PROHIBITED ACTIVITIES
(c) Violation of Laboratory Regulations
- Intentionally damaging/removing parts or all of computing machinery/peripherals/ equipment, including accessories such as mouse balls and mouse pads.
- Refusing to leave the lab upon the request of teaching staff or person in charge of the lab during a scheduled lab session.
(d) Wastage of Computer Resources
- Users must not deliberately perform acts that waste computer resources or unfairly monopolize resources to the exclusion of others. These acts include, but not limited to, network game, BT, heavy download and FTP, sending mass mailings or chain letters, or otherwise creating unnecessary network traffic.
- Do not leave the computer unattended after login.
- Do not leave the computer screen locked for more than 10 minutes.
- Users should not login at multiple stations at the same time.
(e) Improper Handling of Passwords
- Users are responsible for safeguarding their passwords to access the computer system. Individual passwords should not be printed, stored on-line, or given to others. Users are responsible for all activities and transactions made with their passwords.
- No user is allowed to access the computer system with another user's password or account.
(f) Prohibited Activities in the Lab
- Playing computer games and/or video and/or music which are not course/project related in CUSCS labs
- Alterations/Removal of any Windows System files
- Attempting to start un-registered network servers/services
(g) Infringement of Laws, Rules and Regulations
- Copying/Sharing/Distributing copyrighted materials (e.g. pictures, movies, songs and software) which do not allow free distribution
- Spreading computer viruses
- Password staling/cracking
- Sending obscene/fake mails
- Sending/relaying spam/junk emails
- Attempting to compromise the system and/or network security (hacking) via known or unknown means
- Utilizing CUSCS facilities to perform system and/or network hacking